Monday, March 7, 2011

"2 Nephi 9:40"

In personal scripture study this morning, I came across this verse and it reminded me with such powerfulness, that the Atonement is there for all of us - if we but only humble ourselves and accept it into, and as a part of our lives, each, and every, day.

The Atonement gives us not only the blessing of being cleansed, but changed
... if that is what we so desire ...

"O, my beloved brethren, give ear to my words. Remember the greatness of the Holy One of Israel. Do not say that I have spoken hard things against you; for if ye do, ye will revile against the truth; for I have spoken the words of your Maker. I know that the words of truth are hard against all uncleanness; but the righteous fear them not, for they love the truth and are not shaken."

I hurt at time when dear ones of mine tell me the 'truth', but upon reflection, I hope I shall always come to the same conclusion - that they tell me out of love, NOT SPITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment