Thursday, February 3, 2011

"We're All Going On a ... U.S. Holiday"

Time to freshen things up with
"Parsnip Corner"
(blog)

I did originally start my blog so as to have another outlet for my art work, but with many months of inactivity with the blog (due to starting my own business), I have decided to combine both the selling and the personal side, for now. SO, it is time to re-decorate - the previous decor was B O R I N G ... so stay tuned for more changes.

Until such time as I get my website completed, I shall combine business with pleasure. My handsome husband, Matthew, has been the driving force behind the business side, and I suppose I am the head of the Creative & Production Teams.

After many years of blood (labour), sweat (dirty nappies) and tears (being part of many wonderful Parsons' family Temple occasions) our family is off to the Americas (and British Columbia - CA) for a month long holiday. We are truly blessed, and are taking the opportunity to visit with my Aunt and 3 cousins while we are in the vicinity. I've had a number of conversations with Auntie Bertha, and she tells me that her and the family are soooooooo very excited that we are coming. Auntie Bertha has been gracious enough to pay for our accommodation - what a true blessing that is. The time is going so very quickly!!!

Ashlea will turn 21 in October 2011, and we feel that this is the ideal time for our family to have a last *** BIG HOORAH *** holiday before she will put her mission papers in. This will be our quality family time together without any dramas or distractions. As I pondered on Ashlea's up coming mission, I was reminded of the fact that I am the only one in my family (that is the Kidcaff's) who ever served an honourable full-time mission and as far as our immediate family here in Sydney goes, Ashlea will be the first out of her sisters to serve a full time mission also. Her and I can be trend-setters. Of course she has many cousins on the Parsons side that have, and are currently serving full time missions, but she will be the first female.

Even as a pre-schooler, Ashlea's favourite News Time items were to sing one of two songs - "I Am A Child Of God" and "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission". The first being her favourite and she has not changed - she loves to share the Gospel with anyone, and was a driving force behind her Ancient History Teacher (Jeff LUMB) coming to have a better understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as far as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints goes.

As we traverse America from West to East we are taking the opportunity as a family to do temple work in each of the cities we stay.

There have been a few challenges over the past months, and I want to let all those people who genuinely love me (and mine) know, that they help me (us) to grow, and to all those who (shall we say) don't like me (or mine), I need them to know, they force me (us) to grow.

Thank you to both, growth (change) is always GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment