Tuesday, February 8, 2011

'LIFE MUST GO ON ...'

As the time draws closer for our family get away - the daily routine must proceed. I am so thankful for the blessings in my life. It goes without saying that my membership in the gospel of Jesus Christ is top on my list and my strong testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, followed extremely closely by my gorgeous husband and daughters.

One thing I am particularly grateful for today, is my hearing. I could hear the magpies calling to each other this morning as I drove India to early morning Seminary. Now as I sit and write I can hear our two cute budgies chirping away to each other (and the other birds outside) as they swing back and forth, and peer at themselves in the mirror in their home. They are so affectionate especially Bubby, the blue male, as he loves to sit upon my shoulder and give me kisses. Boris, the yellow female so named by Ashlea, is getting more confident with us and her navigational skills are so much better - no more bomb-diving into walls, mirrors or windows.

Well it is time for my ever-loving puppies, Buddy and Cookie, to go get their facial hair clipped and butts scraped at the dog parlour. Definitely not something I am looking forward to but, 'someone has to do it!' These two little imps decided that the coolest place to be while the hot weather raged this past week, was smack-bang up against the rainwater tanks in the dirt (but mostly clay) - thus the dog parlour trip today. Hmmmm well - at least in doing this, I know that they are still alive for me to cuddle and enjoy their companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment